Wednesday, February 12, 2020

Roma locuta; causa finita est. (Rome has spoken; the case is closed.)

Roma locuta; causa finita est.  (Rome has spoken; the case is closed.)

I originally posted this on Catholic Answers Forum (forums.catholic.com), and I re-posted it here on the occassion of Querida Amazonia's publication:

I gladly submit with my whole heart all my positions to Holy Mother Church for judgment not just on matters of faith and morals but in her discipline, am willing to be corrected in any errant theology and canons apart from her teachings contained herein, and i happily retract publicly that which the Church considers unorthodox if I have made them here, as is expected of any Catholic.  I profess the faith of the Church in the Nicene Creed that we profess at Holy Mass.

As Vatican II taught in Presbyteriorum Ordinis, no. 16, celibacy is "not demanded of the priesthood by its nature, as is clear from the practice of the primitive Church" but nevertheless maintain celibacy as the 'norm' but grant dispensations on a case by case basis (as was done with Pius XII, Paul VI, JP2, and B16).

No comments:

Post a Comment